How can I use the assets?
We love to see what people make with our rigs. You might wonder how you can use those assets. Let’s chat.
All assets for sale on our site fall under these terms (unless otherwise noted).
Standard License – Digital Only Non-profit use license
- Educational/religious/humanitarian projects for all unlocked assets
This means users doing demos or tutorials for free and/or money not schools. If you’re a school and want to use our assets, please contact us to discuss.
- Until we get the full legal up here – Our assets may not be used for any content that wouldn’t be created by Pixar – no sexually explicit content, nothing degrading, etc
- Our rigs may not be resold or packaged for sale or share under any means. For example, you can demo an asset in a class. You may not distribute that asset to the class.
We are fleshing out our commercial use license. Here’s our rough framework for what we’re looking at.
- Single annual fee license for commercial use. We want to keep things simple so you can make games, vids or whatever.
- Digital/Print Commercial use license of rigs and assets (books, magazines, not physical objects like toys or 3d printing for commercial use)
- MRS Project license available for studios wanting written release for use of our rigging system. Though MRS is free, some legal folks will want more than our “it’s all good”
- Support –
- Direct email communication and/or private channel on Slack or Discord or whichever you prefer
- On site training possible
- Discounts on classes
If you’re using our assets for, please acknowledge where appropriate.
- Credits – “Rig mDrake Adventurer from CG Monastery” for example
- Please tag your animations so we can find them with: CG Monastery, mDrake or rig name. We want to see your work.
- Please send cool work you do with our assets. We’d love to plug great work and use the work our community does to show of assets on the site. We set up a section of the forum for you to let us know.