cgmRigs: How to get the most out of them
- Install the toolbox – If you want to fully experience our rigs, you’re going to need our tools.
- After you watch the vid or see the initial docs we’d like your feedback on the ui.
- Beware the pose library. It works fine for Josh, but crashes David’s maya. The rest should be working fine.
- Set keys for speed – If you open the rig and it is slow, this is to be expected. To enable parallel evaluation you must have at least two slightly different keys on the timeline for Maya to evaluate properly and things will speed up a great deal. We’re seeing ~real time playback.
It’s important to note that most of our rigs are setup with MRS – the Morpheus Rigging System. As such, you’re going to want to check out some demos on how to use the system.
MRS Standard Features
Template Driven Rigging System
- Proxy geo creation from rigBlocks to save modeler time
- Build Profiles – One template, multiple build type system
mrsAnimate – Animation UI/Marking Menu for rig interaction
- Control,Part,Puppet,Scene contextual functionality
- Mode switching
- Toggling options
mrsBuilder – Rig builder UI
- Manage, add, connect rigBlocks
- Push rigBlocks through build states
- Post rig processes
- Verify mirror setup
- Build Armature
- Post build objectSet verfication
Quality of Life
- Display layer setup per asset
- Sets – QSS sets puppet, each part, Bake, Delete
- Clean Heirarchy setup
- Joint Based Facial setup being expanding and improved
- Direct joint control with transparent proxy shapes where possible for selection ease
- Ribbon setup
- Lock mid where possible
- Mirror bevavior
- Unlocked translates for more control
- No flip bases
- Ribbon twist setup
- Reparamaterization blending
- Scalable rig setup
- Bank setup
- Full featured foot setup with multiple points of articulation
- Space Pivots – setup for IK controls to have constrainable spaces for those controls
- rigNodes – Blocks buffer all nodes during build to aid in later optimization pushes and clean rig deletion