cgmRigsUpdate – mDrake [with Face] Alpha
Meanwhile On the Forum...
Hey Team, we’re starting out and we need to start getting some feedback to help determine direction. Here’s some current threads for the team.
- How this will work – Thread for discussing how the team will work generally speaking
- Road Map – Big picture plans for the team we’d like your input on
- Commercial Use/Rig Acquisition – Fleshing out our final plans here and want your thoughts.
- mDrake Alpha Body Release thread – We know there’s a lot there. Lot to cover.
404 error? Just means you’re not on the cgmRigs team.
We’re happy to say mDrake now has a face. Sorry this post won’t be more in depth. It’s a holiday week here in the US and I have to get this out as quick as I can and won’t have time to do a fuller overview.
Can’t wait to see some animations. Point us to yours;)
Here’s our plans for releasing this rig.
- Full Alpha Release 1 – This release
- Face Included
- Will be seeking feedback and doing our own internal iteration as well
- I pulled the holster for this release because we don’t have a clear picture of how we want to setup the pistol for unity yet.
- Put a tmp shirt texture on him because the old shirt had holster shadows baked on it.
- Beta Release – Next Release
- Let Dan work his magic for final look
- We need to flesh the teeth more out to the molars.
- Bag may need to be a little better.
- Few uv’s got messed up in the last transfer
- Add a rig when we resolve how we want it setup with Unity
- After we have all fixes complete. Unify a clean single mesh asset
- May cull out some polys for Unity
- Add more handles
- Initial Public release
- We’ll open the rig for purchase in a few weeks when we’re happy with the state of things and have the items mentioned above addressed.
Reminders for Testers
When I get back to it next week I’ll do a demo of the rig features with the ui.
- Install the toolbox – If you want to fully experience our rigs, you’re going to need our tools.
- After you watch the vid or see the initial docs we’d like your feedback on the ui.
- Beware the pose library. It works fine for Josh, but crashes David’s maya. The rest should be working fine.
- Set keys for speed – If you open the rig and it is slow, this is to be expected. To enable parallel evaluation you must have at least two slightly different keys on the timeline for Maya to evaluate properly and things will speed up a great deal. We’re seeing ~real time playback.
Until I get the new vid up…