Merging. To hatch a chick.
Discuss on the forum(team only)
- Merging in the workflow improvements of the past few weeks and did rig sketch of a chicken chick to demo
- Exploring for proper Unreal integration.
- Getting team pages fully set up
- Completing facial modules
rigNodes – New framework for saving buffering node states before and after rigging a module to capture a true picture of what nodes are created. This allows for clean rig state cleanup. This will also help immensely as we move to optimization.
- A node state picture is taken before a block is rigged
- A second picutre is taken after and the difference between those two lists is stored back to the rig null of the block as a multimessage connection called ‘rigNodes’
- Added a query to to the ui to report this new information
Here’s an example report in the script editor…
- Good bit of rework with mirror setup
- Had a rethink. Define handles will always have a base size of 1 unit to most simply represent what is going on in scene
- baseSize_get- New call in blockUtils with blockModule check for specialized needs.
- Working on refining the template state more for easier use. Template state is about shapes. This shape template is from which our proxy mesh and control shapes are generated.
- Main handles changed to squares from spheres to aid it making loft curves easier to select
- Reworked some sizing on handles
- New buttons
- Load State Dat – only load the current state block data
- Copy Active – Copy the active blockDat to selected blocks
- Query Nodes – queries the rigNodes and reports
- nameList – utility for pushing base name to nameList
New Contextual Utils Section
- Previously all of these items were accessed via a right-click menu or a top contextual menu that was removed.
- This allows for multi block contextual actions much easier than before
Updated Add menu
- Simplified the top add menu to make it more user friendly.
- blockDat_load – now has a flag for autoPush
- Did some rework with blockDat stuff for new setups.
- blockDat_copy – new call to copy the block dat from one block to another