Road to Release #2 – Peek a Who?
This last week we’ve been working on site navigation and doing some sprucing up of css classes and other settings to make things a bit better looking.
Remaining Items before Live Release…
- Morpheus Drake – First new full rig with facial ready for the site. We will add this asset when we go live.
- Morpheus Backers invite – All Morpheus 2 Backers who didn’t request a refund will be getting subscription time commensurate with their original backing level.
- Pricing/Subscription Structure – We’ll announce details in the coming weeks.
Tons of progress…
- New Welcome Page – Trying to figure out our landing page to convey the information but not overload new users. Will continue to iterate
First pass on the forum integration is up. We invite you to offer topics and suggestions on sections. We’ll be adding more as we prepare to kick off our teams next month.
Reworked the blog page a bit. We’ll be fleshing out the library in the next few weeks. There will be some library content behind the paywall when we go live.
- First Challenge Up
We plan on making challenges a regular part of the Monastery experience and have our first one up.
We’re planning on using it for a major portion of our direct subscriber communication and continuing to flesh out it’s use. When we go live, membership will be culled to a certain level to keep it manageable.
More assets going up…
- Morpheus 1.0 is up here now. We’ll be shutting down the Morpheus Rig site in time and just pointing to here.
- Morpheus Proxy rig is up
Initial implementation on the queue is up. We recently changed the tech we were using for it and have done an initial pass on putting some options in.
- Intro doc is up
- The queue is how we plan on gauging what our subscribers want. Once we go live, only subscribers will be able to vote and add ideas
- When we go live, all votes will reset though we’ll keep ideas you all submit that pass muster
- Votes will be reset when we’re ready to release thought we’ll keep ideas from the community.
- Feel free to add ideas and encourage others to vote on them
- Working on using issues more to track bugs
- Trying their implementation with Trello to to general tracking as we move through this sprint. Check it out here.
So, we’ve been making some changes…here’s a peak at the new Drake(wip name):
We’ll have a fuller update on our Morpheus plans in the near future but thought you all might like a look. Been having a great experience working with a new modeler for us – Dan Eder. Check out his work!
- Builder – a host of bug fixes and continuing to make the process better
We’ve implemented a world IK build option for all current modules at the request of some clients. When toggled, ik controls will snap to the closest world axis for zero which will become it’s new ‘zero’. The base values are stored to a new json dict on the control called ‘defaultValues’ as transform attributes can’t have default values set.
That also meant we had to tweak our reset functions because they were simply using maya default values on attributes or zero. World IK setup requires those controls to have non-zero rotations for zero but you still want to get back to bind settings.
The reset call now checks for the new data on call. While we working on it we added a new keyable option for reset mode which will only key visible and keyable attributes. This avoids some situations where you have nonkeyable setting attributes on controls you don’t want changing.