Queue Challenge #1 – Proxy Mine!
CLOSED – Winner – Sean D.
We’ll be working with him to do a griffon proxy. We’re trying to let winners of these challenges be hands on in how we do execute the proxy rigs so we’ll be working with him over the next few weeks to finalize what he wants and then the proxy rig will be on the site.
Hey! We got a queue! Check out that brand new shiny button. Sleek, sexy, goes from any page on the site to the queue page in 12.4 nanoseconds*.
Anyway, we’re proud of it. You could find out more about it here. And we want you to use it, so we’re making it into a little contest and YOU could decide what our next proxy rig is going to be!
* Speeds may vary based internet connection rates and proximity to server.
- Who can enter?
Anyone registered on the site.
- How much does it cost?
Only your time and imagination. When we go live, voting will be behind the subscription but for now we’re in testing so it’s free.
- What’s the deadline?
We’ll look at votes Friday September 30th at 8:00pm CST
- What’s the prize?
The winning proxy rig idea submitted to the Queue will be the next proxy rig we create for the Monastery and be in Assets section. A proxy rig is a simple geo rig of a given character generated by our MRS system. You can find out more details here. Proxy rigs are something we plan on adding to the assets library regularly as we get rolling as well as teaching our subscribers how to make proxy rigs themselves.
- What are the requirements?
All designs must only use modules we currently have available with MRS. Numbers of the below shouldn’t matter…
- Legs – insect, peg, biped (working on quad currently but not quite ready)
- Arms – ending in fingers or whatever hook or other idea you have
- Simple dangly bits like off a belt, hat, simple hair are fine
Great, What do I do…
If I have an idea…
First, do a doodle or collect reference art or even a model if you have a model you’d like proxy’d After you have your design, write a bit of description about it. Witty descriptions get more votes – it’s scientifically true.
Once you’ve done that….
- Go to the Queue and fill out the form on the side (you’ll only see it if you’re logged in) to add an idea. Add the tags of [Proxy Rig]. Do the math problem to show you’re not a spambot and your idea will be listed.
- Once your idea is up you can click it to go to the idea page and get the link to send to your friends to get them to vote it up.
I just wanna vote…
- Register on the site
- Go to the Queue
- Browse for the Proxy Rig tag
- Vote on any you like until you can’t vote anymore or grow weary of clicking. (We’ll be playing with vote caps during these weeks so…have fun)
Ummm…something doesn’t work….
Awesome, that’s one of the points of this exercise. Send us a message on Facebook to let us know:
- What happened
- What your os,browswer etc is
What happens if no one enters?
We’ll make this guy…