Last updated: 1.11.2020
Okay, you’ve signed up or you want to try our assets, how do you do that?
Grab the cgmToolbox
All of our assets are much better if you have the tools necessary to expand their use. We have a repository to host our libraries but having most users connect to a repos has proven tedious so, we have an easier method.
- Download this file and put it it in your scripts folder.
- Open maya
- In a python
cgmUpdate.here('main')or another branch name if you know one.
- When you do this, you’ll get a confirm dialog showing you where it’s detected the install location. You can change if you like. Confirm.
As long as you have a net connection, this should:
- Grab the latest build from one of our branches
- Download it
- Unzip it
- Move everything to the scripts folder as needed
- Delete the zip stuff.
- Load the toolbox
If you like our tools, consider supporting us on Patreon.
REPOSPATH = D:/repos/ MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH = %REPOSPATH%/cgmtools/mayaTools;%REPOSPATH%/zootoolbox;%REPOSPATH%/morpheusrig2;%REPOSPATH%/pyunify; PYTHONPATH = %REPOSPATH%/cgmtools/mayaTools;%REPOSPATH%/zootoolbox;%REPOSPATH%/morpheusrig2;%REPOSPATH%; MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH=J:\repos\pyunify\plugins;
#MacOS guidelines #Do not use ";" at the end of a line #For variable substitution "$variable" instead of "*variable" #Variable path must end with "/" #To troubleshoot paths #Use mel cmd for getter #$s=`getenv "PATH"`; #Replace "PATH" with path name REPOSPATH=/Users/"UserName"/cgmTools/ MAYA_SCRIPT_PATH=$REPOSPATH/mayaTools PYTHONPATH=$REPOSPATH/mayaTools
Just give me a zip
Identifying Your Version
You can go to CGM>Help>About CGM to see. Note – older releases will not have the branch tag on them. Only builds after 18.104.22.168 have this. If you don’t have the option in your ui, your version is quite old and you should update.
There’s two ways to get new builds of the tools
- In Maya. CGM>Dev>Git>Pull, then whatever branch you want. Not all branches represented here
- This method has been hit and miss with some users
- You may need to reload core after doing this action or just restart maya
- Git UI | Using SourceTree or another WYSIWYG git app is our preferred method
You can change your active branch via the Update Tool you can find the docs for in the expanded details link above.
Current recommended branch: main
main| This will be where we keep our most stable build of tools. Last merged at the beginning of May 2020
- master | We’ll be depreciating this branch
MRSDEV | Our active dev branch we’re working on most of the time for dev work
MRSWORKSHOP | Snapshot of the tools each time I update the stand alone workshop docs
The next time you open maya if cgmTools don’t show up, you can enable that by:
cgmToolboxin a mel command line OR
cgmToolbox.ui()in a python command line
- Opening the toolbox if it doesn’t open
cgm > Open Toolbox UI
- Top right menu there –
Setup > Autoload on maya start.