Announcing: MRS Makers Workshop
If you’ve seen the Griffin or other proxy rigs we’ve been showing around and wondered how you might make something like that or if you’ve tried mDrake and would like to rig your own characters with the same setup. Here’s your chance!
We’re excited to announce the MRS Makers Workshop.
We’ve gotten a fair bit of requests from many of you interested in learning MRS. It’s taken a little time to figure out the best way to do this and we think we have a pretty good plan. We’re partnering with our friends at Rigging Dojo to facilitate this session.
What are the details:
Teach students how to use MRS to begin building their own rigs for their own projects.
- When does it start?
We’re scheduled to begin January 6th
- What’s the content?
- How to use MRS and the cgmToolbox in your own project pipelines
- We’ll rig a quadruped from scratch
- A biped from a starting template
- Cover some some more advanced topics
- Includes a six month subscription here on the Monastery to keep up to date with changes to MRS and have a voice and/or hand in where it goes from here. (all other perks as well – Morpheus for Unity content, rigs, etc)
- How much?
Regular price is $350 for one of these sessions. We’re offering a $150 discount through sign ups on December 31st. You’ll get a code during the process. Don’t forget to put it in!
Estimated 4-6 weeks. We’re going to get through the content. If it takes a little longer, we’re not going to say it’s done because of an artificial deadline.
- I don’t have any idea what MRS (Morpheus Rigging System) is …. You can check out a few links:
- Will you cover facial blocks? Not in this first class. Those modules are pretty rough as they’re brand new. They work but need iteration. The other blocks have months of testing in them.
If this content proves popular enough we’ll continue adding modules like:
- Rigging a Face with MRS
- Expanding MRS – Making new modules
If you’re a Friend of Morpheus Member with an option for a class you can join this class for free. Sign up like normal above to get your name on the list, then when registration time opens, drop us a line with your info and we’ll get you in.