Road to Release #3 – mDrake Proxy released!
This last week we’ve been working on continuing to flesh out our launch plans. We’re exploring some ideas for getting more assets up for our users and rethinking our subscription asset unlock plans to provide you with more options.
Remaining Items before Live Release…
- Morpheus Drake – First new full rig with facial ready for the site. We will add this asset when we go live.
- Morpheus Backers invite – All Morpheus 2 Backers who didn’t request a refund will be getting subscription time commensurate with their original backing level.
- Pricing/Subscription Structure – We’re iterating on our plans internally and trying to streamline and simplify. We’ll announce details in the coming weeks.
Tons of progress…
- New Welcome Page – Trying to figure out our landing page to convey the information but not overload new users. Will continue to iterate
First pass on the forum integration is up. We invite you to offer topics and suggestions on sections. We’ll be adding more as we prepare to kick off our teams next month.
Reworked the blog page a bit. We’ll be fleshing out the library in the next few weeks. There will be some library content behind the paywall when we go live.
- First Challenge Up
We plan on making challenges a regular part of the Monastery experience and have our first one up.
- Queue Challenge #1 – Proxy Mine! – We extended the entry time on this as we think our users are still wrapping their heads around what proxy rigs are.
We’re planning on using it for a major portion of our direct subscriber communication and continuing to flesh out it’s use. When we go live, membership will be culled to a certain level to keep it manageable.
- mDrake Proxy – New asset up.
Initial implementation on the queue is up. We recently changed the tech we were using for it and have done an initial pass on putting some options in.
- Intro doc is up
- The queue is how we plan on gauging what our subscribers want. Once we go live, only subscribers will be able to vote and add ideas
- When we go live, all votes will reset though we’ll keep ideas you all submit that pass muster
- Votes will be reset when we’re ready to release thought we’ll keep ideas from the community.
- Feel free to add ideas and encourage others to vote on them
- Working on using issues more to track bugs
- Trying their implementation with Trello to to general tracking as we move through this sprint. Check it out here.
Another week is bringing Drake closer.
We’ll have a fuller update on our Morpheus plans in the near future but thought you all might like a look. Been having a great experience working with a new modeler for us – Dan Eder. Check out his work!
In the meantime you can grab the proxy rig to start playing with and getting used to the rig.
MRS is actively being used in client work.
- New logo – Will probably revisit again but it’ll suffice for now.
- Iterating on the initial setup of our block setup stage to make it more intuitive.
Quad legs and Long necks
We’ve done a first pass on quad legs and long necks. Did a horse and a cat to test. The horse Josh did as a test of the system. It took about 1.5 hours from importing the image plane to capturing this pose with some fixes along the way. Time will only get faster as we iterate.
Note – these kinds of assets are what we’re asking you all to think of for the active challenge…hint….