Improving the Basics #1
These posts will be team only when we are ready to go live.
- Finishing toe/finger bank following
- Initial building workflow improvement
- Added new call to snap prerig handles to the RP plane as defined by the start/end handle and the vector defined by the rp/main orient helper
- Adding get_handleIndices per block to help handle some other processes
- Added new better baseSizing from stored settings
- Implemented new json baseDat attr for our new define helpers and blocks initially create a little more sensibly by key/vector for initial positioning.
- Initial toe banking working as intended, need further testing on fingers
- Reworked segment shape casting for better control shapes
The new define state is about points, vectors, and scale
- Added the lever helper to this state to aid the template state in extreme cases for the loft setup breaking
- Linear loft curves at start end aiming back at start end, with the rp up helper as the up helper
Working on refining the template state more for easier use. Template state is about shapes. This shape template is from which our proxy mesh and control shapes are generated.
- Main handles changed to squares from spheres to aid it making loft curves easier to select
- End handles now only have one master scale channel to prevent scale space warping on sub handles
- End loft curve aims back
- Clusters handles hidden
- Single transformed group per loft curve now to avoid stacked transform warping
- After the LIMB template was working well, propagated that to SEGMENT as it’s just a better setup.
The prerig rework is about making tweaking the shapes not mess up your handles.
- Connected prerig handles to template handles rather that loft handles
- Added new axis shape designators for main ik ends to better show that those orientations matter
- Added joint labels on main handles for clarity
- Wire the prerig handle to the template handle to make figuring out the main chains easier
- Add new axis shape
- Reparameterized track curve so it’s not so tied to the other handles.
- Aim joint aims
Chicken Toes Follow up
Got the toes following pivot setup working as initially intended. What we do is:
- We build a duplicate joint chain from the front to the end joint (sometimes end, sometimes not). Just to the end of no other setup needed.
- A simple ik handle is setup for this chain
- The result driver is set as the default space for the ik handle when detected
- If we can use the IK chain, we use that, otherwise we make a new two joint chain
- SC IK setup added to that
- The result driver is set as the default orient for the first fk handle when detected
We’ll need to test it more with fingers.