Road to Release #1 – Beta’s Better!
We’re pleased to announce the site is now at beta state. We have most of our core tech in place and now will be fleshing things out and squashing pesky bugs.
Before going into our update, we wanted to cover those items outstanding that need to be checked off for release.
- Morpheus Drake – First new full rig with facial ready for the site. We will add this asset when we go live.
- Morpheus Backers invite – All Morpheus 2 Backers who didn’t request a refund will be getting subscription time commensurate with their original backing level.
- Forum – Finish fleshing out the initial setup for the forum which will be the longer form discussion format for the site.
- Pricing – We’ll announce pricing in the coming weeks.
Tons of progress…
- First Challenge Up
We plan on making challenges a regular part of the Monastery experience and have our first one up.
- Queue Challenge #1 – Proxy Mine!
- New Pages
Note – we’ll reworking the nav more as we get closer
- Initial Setup – First pass on new users getting setup
- Queue What now? – Intro to using the Queue
- Intro to Proxy Rigs
We’re planning on using it for a major portion of our direct subscriber communication and continuing to flesh out it’s use. When we go live, membership will be culled to a certain level to keep it manageable.
More assets going up…
- Morpheus 1.0 is up here now. We’ll be shutting down the Morpheus Rig site in time and just pointing to here.
- Morpheus Proxy rig is up
Initial implementation on the queue is up. We recently changed the tech we were using for it and have done an initial pass on putting some options in.
- Intro doc is up
- The queue is how we plan on gauging what our subscribers want. Once we go live, only subscribers will be able to vote and add ideas
- When we go live, all votes will reset though we’ll keep ideas you all submit that pass muster
- Votes will be reset when we’re ready to release thought we’ll keep ideas from the community.
- Feel free to add ideas and encourage others to vote on them
- Forum is being spiced up.
- Working on using issues more to track bugs
- Trying their implementation with Trello to to general tracking as we move through this sprint. Check it out here.
Work continues kicking the wheels in production. It is actively being used in client work.
- Builder – a host of bug fixes and continuing to make the process better
- Culling unnecessary options as we can and building a variety of character types
- Implementing world IK option at client request
- Added position only mode to dynParentGroup setup
Thanks to some testing by Bokser we’ve replaced the boolean operations in the ball/toe slicing for proxy geo creation with polyCut.