Road To Beta #5 – Beta soon…
Progress is starting to drift to the visible on the site. You may have noticed some changes to the top menu.
We expect to announce we’re in beta in the next week or two.
Tons of progress…
Folks are starting to chime in on Discord which has been fun to see. We’re planning on using it for a major portion of our direct subscriber communication.
First Assets going up. Still exploring look for asset layout visually. If you don’t see download links, you’ll need to be registered and logged in and then you will. After we go live, download links and more will be behind the paywall.
- Morpheus 1.0 is up here now. We’ll be shutting down the Morpheus Rig site in time and just pointing to here.
- Morpheus Proxy rig is up
Initial implementation on the queue is up. Couple of things
- The queue is how we plan on gauging what our subscribers want. Once we go live, only subscribers will be able to vote and add ideas
- When we go live, all votes will reset though we’ll keep ideas you all submit that pass muster
- Votes will be reset regularly during beta, this is for testing so vote as much as you want
- Feel free to add ideas and encourage others to vote on them
- Forum is being spiced up.
- Working on using issues more to track bugs
- Trying their implementation with Trello to to general tracking as we move through this sprint. Check it out here.
We’re doing a sprint getting MRS production ready as we’re pitching it for a studio. As such we’re working on make blocks more creature friendly.
- Builder – a host of bug fixes and continuing to make the process better
- Culling unnecessary options as we can and building a variety of character types
- Implemented the new ribbon to all the blocks
- MRS is currently being tested in a couple of production pipelines – huzzah!
red9 Pose Library integration
Took another stab at getting the red9 pose library system integrated and got a decent first pass. Our integration works with our context UI system and is still in testing.
- When loading with nothing selected, it will try to find the controls if the stored pose data is the only one of that name in the scene (checks ref prefix as well)
- Save – Save current contextual pose
- Load – Load selected pose contextually
- Blend – Blend from current to the pose
- Delete – with fire
- Rename – For fat fingers
- Update – pose, thumbnail, both
- Add subfolder
- Switch between grid and thumb mode
- Thumb – change thumbnail size
New Ribbon Setup
We’ve implemented the new setup into the modules and it’s feeling great.
So our current implementation allows for blending between the two setups. with a ‘paramBlend’ attr on those rig modules. Rigblocks allow you to choose fixed, floating or blend with blend as default.